Event planners have to devise a system for successfully throwing a great party. Usually, a plan must be enacted that has several steps covering the planning, the party itself and the party’s ending. This is a standard used by every event planning company NYC and corporate event planners in NYC. It works for both formal and informal gatherings.
Party Planning Primer
- Start the planning early, so that everything gets remembered and completed for your party. When everything is prepared in a timely manner, you, the host are more relaxed and better able to enjoy the event. Plus, you have plenty of time to get ready for the affair and you looked relaxed when your guests arrive.
- Start planning early. Create a party checklist.
- Stay organized. Mark off everything you complete. Keep track of your guest’s food dislikes and allergies. Keep track of contact information for your guests and their RSVPs.
- Throw a party with a unique theme. It makes the festivities more interesting when it’s centered on a Mardi Gras, Great Gatsby, St. Patrick’s Day or a Beatles theme. It makes the decorating fun and gimmicky so the guests can be drawn into the fun using drinks that are reminiscent of the theme, like the grasshopper or a mojito or other green drinks for St. Patty’s Day and the Vieux Carré Cocktail for Mardi Gras parties.
- Allow your guests to be their own mixologists with a self-serve bar set up to include several different liquors along with a few choices of festive mixers. Be creative with decanters and glasses to create a pleasant looking table. Serve your guests the moment they walk in the door with a party themed drink. They will immediately feel a part of the festivities.
- Make that first drink a special concoction with a glass or garnishes that reflect the theme such as four leaf clover favors dropped into the drink or sitting on the lip of the glass.
- Keep it simple with food. Don’t do a sit down dinner; instead serve hors d’oeuvres that can be made from prepared foods, like toasted pita wedges, special cheeses, hummus and other prepared dips.
- Set up a kids table that encourages the kids to be creative. A table with craft paper cover and crayons or coloring pencils will engage the children. Add donuts or cupcakes and they will be happy.
- Keep place settings simple if you do decide to serve a meal. Incorporate the theme in a simple manner, using it to create place settings, napkins and silver ware holders.
- Stay relaxed. Your comfort level will be picked up by your guests. At the end of the party, send your guests home with a party themed favor.